Who killed George Christoby?
George Christoby, senior partner of prestigious Auction House, Christoby’s, lies dead in his office, the antique gun that killed him clutched in his own hand. Was this murder, or suicide? What prompted him to take his own life, or drove someone else to take it from him? Do you have what it takes to solve this case?
Join Inspector Bartram as he identifies and interviews suspects; locate and examine evidence; search the dead man’s office; check his appointments, phone, and emails; visit other locations and search them for clues; evaluate the suspects and their statements; get to the bottom of inconsistencies and anomalies and work out what really happened.
- Who has the dead man’s phone and what is the significance of the angry messages it contains?
- Why is a stranger emailing him out of the blue?
- Why were certain items suddenly withdrawn from this month’s auction?
- Who was his last appointment that night, and what were they arguing so fiercely about?
- Why did his secretary not show up for work this morning?
The answers to these, and other questions, will help you uncover the truth, and solve the mystery.
DIFFICULTY LEVEL: MEDIUM/HARD.
The time required to complete this Murder Mystery can be tailored depending on your needs or activities.
- Ice breaker strategy will take around 60 minutes
- Team building exercises flexible as required
- Entertainment event approximately 2 - 2.5 hours, again depending on your event.
All strategies are described in detail on the USB flash drive supplied as part of the Murder Mystery Box.
Auction House Atrocity is played through its own free app on iOS and Android devices. Download the app to your device using the links below.
WHAT's IN THE BOX?
Each box contains everything you need to set up your murder mystery simply and effectively.
There are 6 iBeacons, each connecting to all the relevant information for each location of your game:
- interviews with suspects
- audio and video files
- interactive multi-media activities
- evidence and red herrings to sift through, examine and evaluate.
What's on the USB flash drive?
The USB flash drive contains materials and suggestions to enable you to tailor your iBeacon Murder Mystery to meet your needs - whether your purpose is a team building exercise, an ice-breaker or just a simple entertainment. We recommend you read the all information it contains to help you identify which scenario best suits your needs.
- introductory video tutorial outlining everything you need to know to set up your beacons, brief your players, and set the game afoot
- introductory powerpoint, keynote and pdf files to start your session off
- a variety of suggested session plans, and ways in which the game can be used
- various ways in which evidence can be submitted
- the solution to your Murder Mystery in video format presented by the Inspector leading the case
- tech support documents for your event
- team building guidance documents
- plenary session guidance documents
- team building support documents for your participants
iBeacon Murder Mysteries from Murder Inc
This is not a linear story in the manner of other mystery games - this game is fully interactive, and delivered via iBeacon technology direct to your device. You will have to explore each location and find the evidence for yourself. You can access any area at any time. Each area contains an interview with a suspect, but you will need to draw your own conclusions from this. There is a large quantity of supplementary evidence to discover, but you will need to decide for yourself what is significant and what may be a red herring. Along the way there will be interactive puzzles, codes and ciphers you will need to crack in order to gain access to information. All the information you need to solve the case is here, but it may not be immediately apparent. Our aim is to challenge!!
Scenes from Auction House Atrocity
Photos from events can be found on our FaceBook page.